If you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Versus
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Versus
Construction Layla Mattress Versus
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Versus
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Versus
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Versus
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Versus
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Versus
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Versus