If you can not decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Video
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Video
Construction Layla Mattress Video
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Video
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Video
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Video
This is a authentic foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Video
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Video
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Video