When you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep