When you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Bear Mattress