If you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Bear
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Bear
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Bear