If you can not determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Casper
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Casper
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Casper
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Casper
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Casper
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Casper
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Casper
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Casper
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Casper