If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Chill