When you can not choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support for your hips and back. With two built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Cocoon Mattress