If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Ghostbed