If you can not choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa