When you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons