If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf