When you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar Mattress