When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Nectar
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Nectar