When you can not determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Nolah
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Nolah