When you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Vs Others
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Others
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Others
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Others
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Others
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Others
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Others
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Others
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Others