When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively offered to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy Mattress