If you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Puffy
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Puffy