If you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Purple Mattress