If you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Purple
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Purple
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Purple
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Purple
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Purple
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Purple
This is a genuine foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Purple
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Purple
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Purple