If you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Tempurpedic