If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Tuft And Needle