When you can not determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
This is a true foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Tulo Mattress