When you can’t decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Zenhaven