If you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Vs
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs
Construction Layla Mattress Vs
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Vs
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs