When you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a little more support for your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Wayfair
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Wayfair
Construction Layla Mattress Wayfair
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Wayfair
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Wayfair
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Wayfair
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Wayfair
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Wayfair
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Wayfair