When you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Website
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Website
Construction Layla Mattress Website
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Website
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Website
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Website
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Website
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Website
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Website