When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Weight Limit
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Weight Limit
Construction Layla Mattress Weight Limit
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Weight Limit
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Weight Limit
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Weight Limit
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Weight Limit
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Weight Limit
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Weight Limit