When you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Weight
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Weight
Construction Layla Mattress Weight
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Weight
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Weight
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Weight
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Weight
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Weight
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Weight