If you can’t choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
Construction Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Firm