When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Construction Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft