If you can not choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Construction Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which