When you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Construction Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Wikipedia
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Wikipedia
This is a authentic foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Wikipedia
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Wikipedia