When you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress