If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattresses
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Construction Layla Mattresses
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattresses
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Mattresses
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattresses
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattresses
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattresses