If you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Construction Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review