When you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews