If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Sleep Foundation
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Foundation
Construction Layla Sleep Foundation
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Sleep Foundation
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Sleep Foundation
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Foundation
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Foundation
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Foundation
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Foundation