When you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Sleep Headquarters
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Headquarters
Construction Layla Sleep Headquarters
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Headquarters
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Headquarters
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Headquarters
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Headquarters
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Headquarters
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Headquarters