When you can not choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Instagram
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Instagram
Construction Layla Sleep Instagram
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Sleep Instagram
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Instagram
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Instagram
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Instagram
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only given to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Instagram
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Instagram