If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Sleep Like The Dead
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Like The Dead
Construction Layla Sleep Like The Dead
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Like The Dead
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Like The Dead
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Like The Dead
This is a authentic foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Like The Dead
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Like The Dead
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Like The Dead