When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Logo
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Logo
Construction Layla Sleep Logo
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Logo
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Logo
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Logo
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Logo
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Logo
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Logo