If you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
This is a authentic foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews