When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Sleep Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Mattress
Construction Layla Sleep Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Sleep Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial element to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Sleep Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only provided to original purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Mattress