When you can’t choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are hypoallergenic. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and once sent usually takes two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Review