When you can not determine whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers have anti-microbial properties. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only given to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the option to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on opposite sides. This permits you to have a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews