If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively given to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress