If you can not determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Queen Mattress