If you can’t decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Memory Foam
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam
This is a genuine foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only provided to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam