If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Construction Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Sleep Pillow Review
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Sleep Pillow Review
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively offered to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Pillow Review
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Pillow Review